Hazardous Materials & Oil

Hazardous Materials

Waste Management (formally Advanced Disposal) reserves the right to refuse any hazardous materials. Pierce County (715-273-3092) and St. Croix County (715-386-4675) do offer spring and fall clean sweep programs for disposal of many hazardous waste products generated by City of River Falls residents. Call them or check their websites for dates.

Any calls regarding questions on what can be discarded should be directed to Waste Management:

  • Phone: 888-960-0008

Note: Pierce County also accepts used antifreeze.

Oil Recycling

Oil Recycling is no longer available at the compost site. The cost of collecting used motor oil is extremely labor intensive when compared to the revenue generated. The following local businesses accept used oil from the general public year round.