Financial Reports & Budgets
Annually, the Mayor and City Council meet to review and approve a budget for the operations of the City. The budget includes the estimated revenue and expenditures needed to provide City services. The budget is more than just an accounting document; it is the result of input from citizens, boards and commissions, various departments, as well as the Mayor and City Council. Due to limited funding, input from these groups establishes the priorities for the City and incorporates their priorities into the budget. The budget document is used throughout the year as a management and planning tool, which helps to objectively determine the best course for the community.
Current Budget Resources
Past Budget Resources
Capital Improvements Plan
The City's Capital Improvements Plan (CIP) is a road map for future capital expenditures. Capital projects are defined as an acquisition, creation, or improvement of City land and/or buildings, or equipment and furnishings with a useful life of greater than one year and a minimum threshold cost of $5,000. The projects approved in the CIP are incorporated into the annual budget process over the life of the plan. The CIP is intended to be a reference guide for Council member and staff in future decision making, and to ensure that future needs for City buildings, infrastructure, and equipment are identified and planned for.
- 2022-2026 Capital Improvement Plan
- 2021 Capital Improvement Plan
- 2017-2021 Capital Improvement Plan
- 2019-2023 Capital Improvement Plan
The City Council contracts for an annual audit of the accounts of the City, with the most recent audited financial statements available.
- Investment Policy Statement
- 2022-2026 Long Range Fiscal Plan
- Debt Management Policy
- Fund Balance Policy
- 2012 Tax Increment Report
- 2012 G.O. Refunding Bonds - Final Official Statement
- 2015 City of River Falls TIF Compiled Financial Statements
- 2018 General Obligation Parks Bond, Series 2018A
- 2018 Electric System Revenue Bonds, Series 2018B
- 2020 Preliminary Official Statement