The River Falls Police Reserve Unit has an authorized strength of 21 members. Officers with the Reserve generally consist of non-law-enforcement civilian employees with no arrest authority. These individuals provide additional law enforcement services to the citizens of River Falls while assisting the Police Department with regular, emergency and community service functions.
Police Reserve Activities
Police Reserve Officers may:
- Assist with transports to detox or mental health facilities
- Provide security at University of Wisconsin River Falls events
- Provide security at River Falls High School athletic events
- Conduct traffic control for local parades
- Assist full-time Officers on special details
- Provide security for River Falls Days Events
- Work parking enforcement for alternate night parking
- Ride along with regular Patrol Officers
Police Reserve Officers must be at least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
How to Apply
Persons wishing to apply should visit the Employment Central page and complete a job interest card. Questions? Email Sgt. Posel for more information.